Stuck CV axel

Asked by Apr 14, 2012 at 01:22 PM about the 1989 Ford Probe

I am currently working on replacing my driver side CV axel and have come to a road block.  I have the control arm free of everything and the nut removed from the end.  After smacking the end of the axel with a hammer and spraying generously with PB Blaster it is still stuck in the hub.  Any ideas or tips on how to remove it would be greatly appreciated

325

You can heat the hub but be very careful if you get it to hot you could kill the bearing. What i would tell you too do is take a 1/2" extender thats about 3in long and get a bigger hammer. Put the rounded end of the extender and hit the shit out of it till it comes out, and i mean use a big hammer sometimes they get stuck in there good.