Could someone tell me why my 1976 Datsun 280Z has the anti-stall dash pot removed and the hose from the rocker cover has be re-routed to the hose coming out of the air flow meter? It has only been serviced by Datsun and not driven in 15 years.

Asked by Nov 10, 2013 at 09:21 PM about the 1976 Datsun 280Z

May be because it was bad and that was the cheaper way to repair it

there should be a vacuum routing diagram underhood....follow that one...disconnect what you know to be incorrect...for example the fumes of the rocker cover HAVE to go through a PCV valve (I can hook you up with a link to this) and go into the intake plenum (where the air filter resides)....okay the air flow sensor if equipped will measure the parts of carbon dioxide and nitrogen on a molecular scale these are delicate and cannot tolerate bein quenched with oil....are we on the same page here?...just follow the happy to explain what these devices do...use your head~

sure by now the fuel pressure regulator is crumbled and non-functioning~ carb could use a bath in carburetor cleaner...I'm sure~

James Ramond

the higher r p m,s were sucking oil up the hose causing smoke ,reroute and remove was the order in the 70,s oh, yeah!