what does engine light blinking when...

Asked by Apr 02, 2015 at 03:17 PM about the 2004 Ford Freestar

ford freestar van 2004, engine light blinking, hear a misfire sound of sorts, and when stepping on gas there is a delay to speed up

You need an OBDII scan asap. A flashing CEL means a more serious fault has been detected that a steady on light.

Best Answer Mark helpful

How much do you think it will cost? In the last month I had oil change, brake fluid flush, and power steering fluid flush, all that totaled almost 300 hundred, and now this problem happened. In your opinion what can you guess is the problem by just reading what I wrote, also with gas pedal being pressed, car shakes..and engine light blinks and then it goes away..is that bad?

Cost for an OBDII scan? Usually nothing, many parts houses will scan it free. But what code you get is the key to cost of repair, Sorry, just too much guesswork to try to diagnose from a keyboard, not knowing fault codes. They begin with P, with 4 numbers P0300 for example is random misfire, generic. Before you buy anything, post the codes back here, open a new question so we will see it. Remember, some of those guys are good, know what they are doing, others not so much. And throwing money at electrical parts that cannot be returned is not wise

Guessing: TPS, (Throttle position sensor), MAF, MAP, dirty throttle body , plugged catalytic convertor, low fuel pressure (regulator) ALL WILD guessing

30

I have an issue with my '05 Ford Freestar. First incident was when I was forced to drive through a puddle, right after that my Engine light started flashing and hte motor started cavitating. I wasnt sure what was wrong, i stopped and shut the van off. After 10 minutes, I started it again and the problem was gone. I did however notice a shutter from the engine when i was driving if i accelerated to fast. Now it only happens when it is wet or raining....never when its dry? Someone thought it was something electrical getting wet and causing the engine to misfire....any suggestions? Ive tried pulling codes but its not faulting all the time

10

my van is doing that codes p0302

10

so does code po302 mean bad coil after fixing it will ride smooth again