Why does 83 zx 280 drive a little and the cuts off and is a while befor it will start back

Asked by Oct 25, 2013 at 06:07 PM about the 1983 Nissan 280ZX

I can start it up and drive for a minute or two but them it will shut off and will have to sit
and wait and repeat

All due respect Jonpoon ...you are asking about a 30 year old car and give us very little to go on.. Speaking for myself I am happy to help if I can. We need precisely what engine...mileage, anything and everything you can provide for us. The early 80's Nissans did have OBDI, can do DTC's by CEL flash codes.

Car has spark,gas but still won't turn over. Like I say, it used to crank and stay running for around ten to fifteen minutes then shut off. Now the car will turn over but will not start.. Thinking it may be crank sensor..... Any input

Thanks guys, found out that it was a loose wire going to my ignition module and as the car stayed on and the vibration wiggled the wire connection loose causing the car to loose fire and shut down. Fyi