my 280zx datsun will not start fuel pump has preasure cleaned out my fuel system its not spark i have spark idk whats wrong

15

Asked by Feb 02, 2016 at 02:59 PM about the 1981 Nissan 280ZX

my 280zx datsun will not start fuel pump has preasure cleaned out my fuel
system its not spark i have spark idk whats wrong

52,455

Timing possibly, how many miles on this?

15

350,000 but you would squirt gas in the intake and it would fire for a min

15

and the guy i bought it from drove it everyday until the brakes went out and he got a truck and just parked the car it sat up for two years

52,455

Ok then, you have a fuel issue. Would need to check fuel pressure, and do a bleed down test to see if it is the fuel pump, or leaking injectors, spider lines or regulator. Putting fuel in the intake and it firing up is a good indication for a fuel issue.

15

ok ill do that

15

could it have anything to do with the injector not firing

52,455

Well ya, there needs to be voltage to the injector. I think it's like 5 to 7 DCV. But if you do a fuel bleed down test and the pressure gauge drops, then there is a leak. I haven't looked up what your fuel pressure should be but I'm thinking like 9 to 14 lbs.

15

hey will my car run with out the mass air flow sincere

52,455

No, will not.

15

ok

Hey I have a 79" 280zx it's getting fire and gas but not starting? ?

52,455

Bobcat90, if you are getting proper fuel delivery, and have spark, then there is a timing issue to look at. I would need to know the size engine to see if there is a timing belt on it, and if it is an interference engine or not.