no compression

Asked by Jun 18, 2016 at 02:32 AM about the 2002 Opel Astra

2002 Astra 1600 cde: car starts and idles ok but after about 1km it starts losing compression and cuts out, this happens especially in cold weather after restarting a few times it goes on ok for the rest of the day. The garage has checked the following" Oil pump, fuel filter, coil pack, lambda sensor, cam shaft, they have replaced the valve lifters but still the problem persists, tearing my hair out with this car. Can anyone think of what else it could be

Have the garage perform a leakdown test. BUT, I don't think "losing compression is the Issue! Scan it with a decent scan tool use the old GM Tech2 I expect to see DTCs fault codes P0302 cylinder misfire, P0301 Cylinder 1 misfire and P0300 multiple misfire. Post back IF the garage checked for and the vehicle had,has any OF these codes. Regards

Thank you will show this to the service station on Monday and give you feed back regards Neill

It is the computer that is causing the problem.Just plug in a new or rebuilt one.