Does a 1983 turbo diesel have a transfer pump? If so, where is it located?

davdeb1988
0

Asked by Aug 02, 2012 at 12:09 AM about the 1983 Peugeot 505

Bought a 1983 Peogeot that has been sitting for ten years. Trying to get it started and trying to figure out how the fuel system works. Can not find much info online and do not have a manual.

Rui Cruz
15

Its in the fuel filter

davdeb1988
0

There's three lines coming out of the gas tank is the third line on top of the gas tank a breather hose?? Thanks, Rui!

Paul Matthews
2,535

Believe a Peugeot of this era will be quite basic you will not find any electrical priming pump. You will however need to ensure all old fuel is removed from the system. Once you have done this you will need to refill the tank and then 'prime' the system, this will be done by squeezing the rubber 'ball' in the fuelline close to the filter housing whilst opening the valve on th top of the filter housing thus eventually expelling all the air from the system. You must expell ALL the air or you will not start the engine. Finally once you have bled the filter and getting fuel out of the filter bleed valve you may need to loosed the metal feed pipes at the injectors and ensure you are getting fuel coming out whilst pumping the priming pump. Also check that the 'glow plugs' are working correctly.

mypeugeot
0

yes have the 1976 Peugeot 504 . been sitting now almost a year, was running fine ..but ran out of fuel and hasn't started