We are trying to track down how many stock 1962 Land Cruisers might be out there. A friend died and left his to my husband. Our understanding is that only a little over 500 of that model came to the US that first year. It has low mileage and very little rust issues since it has lived in the mountains of Colorado for many, many years. Does anyone have any info on this the 50th anniversary of this vehicle in the US. It is the desert white color.

Asked by Apr 30, 2012 at 06:00 PM about the 1962 Toyota Land Cruiser

1,945

Tough question. Firstly, understand "Land Cruiser" is not a model, but a series of models. Examples from 1962 would be the (x=F or H, petrol or diesel) xJ40, xJ45 swb or lwb truck, or xJ45 troop carriers. From my experience, more "grey market" Cruisers have come into the country than through the original Toyota pipelines. All classic Cruisers are highly desirable trucks, so there are several companies are bringing them in from all around the world. As far as how many stock '62's, I'd say not many. Most Cruiser owners, myself included, enjoy the because they are beautiful, durable, very functional vehicles. The original petrol 1962 Land Cruiser had the Toyota F engine in it. The F had some power and oil circulation issues. Most dump the F engine for Toyota 2F's, 2H's, 1HD series, or even 3F's. Another popular conversion is a Chevy Small Block, uhhhhgggg (I puked in my mouth a little)! So what's it worth? Well, it's worth what you can get for it. The best Cruisers come from Southern California, the Deep South, and Texas. Price can be anywhere from $7000 to $40,000. Like any classic car, the more work I have to do to make it drivable, the less I'll pay. Unlike other classics, Cruisers aren't "garage queens" so the pricing reflects what I have to do to make it off-road capable. That makes your presumably Fj40, F engine, Cold Climate Cruiser lean towards the lower end of that price scale.

Don't forget, Mike, the "B" models.

1,945

Of course, my bad. The 1962 would be a B deisel, i.e. an I4.

175

Dude, do you know how many have been imported just from Mexico alone? Thousands!

Im in Australia and I have a Petrol 1962 fj40 soft top sitting in my shed. Ive heard Thiess brought a few over for Mt Isa mine work, Toyota didnt bring the land cruiser over here until 1965. Not sure if mine is worth anything???

Mines not standard anymore but still love my 62 Fj40 just been regoed be on the road next week

This is my Landcruiser 1962. I restored it in 2004. Use it every day, original engine. I live in Flores Indonesia.