I have a 1990 Laser Turbo . I just finished rebuilding the engine , I started 4 yrs ago, My dad was my tech support , but he past away 2 weeks ago. How do you prime the oil pump with the engine in the car?

20

Asked by Jul 07, 2015 at 08:39 PM about the 1990 Plymouth Laser 2 Dr RS Turbo Hatchback

how do you prime the oil pump with engine in the car? 1990 Plymouth Laser Turbo

1,565

Dose this motor have a distributor?

67,465

Very sorry for your loss! I don't know if you can. Perhaps someone else will chime in here. But before installing the oil pump in the engine it should be packed with Vaseline. Most likely the oil pump is driven by the distributor. You can buy an adaptor for an electric drill to drive the oil pump with the distributor removed. Try that and if you can get oil pressure, you'll be good to go. HTH. -Jim

67,465

Bender, yes it does. -Jim

20

No , the engine has a cam sensor. I have oil pressure now , but I have to pump the gas to get it to start and keep pumping it to stay running. The throttle position sensor needs set . because of it being turbo , There are so many sensors and crap that could be causing my problem also. Any suggestions on where to start ? Thanks Jim , my dad was a big loss. you don"t even know . He was in the Starion / Conquest Club , and he was called the Professor or Q , from James Bond , the guy that made all the gadgets .

67,465

If you don't already have one get a factory shop manual for your Laser. Try eBay for a good used one or Faxon Automobile Literature for a new/reprinted one. These are much better, in my opinion, because the manual will deal with your specific car. There's troubleshooting flow charts, pictures, diagrams, etc. that'll be a big help getting your car running right again. Your Dad sounds like a smart Man. He's a part of you. So in some ways he'll always be with you. Remember that. HTH. -Jim

20

I already have one , I even have another manual that breaks down every part as to how it works . Its called a Technical Info Manual. I also have a Haynes and a Chilton . So whats my problem ??, right ! Lol !