My Plymouth Prowler has been sitting up for about a year. Put non ethanol in tank and cleaner but won't start. Mechanic thinks needs new fuel pump. Anything I can try before I do that?

Asked by Oct 30, 2015 at 03:53 AM about the 1999 Plymouth Prowler 2 Dr STD Convertible

Just can't get Prowler to start after sitting for a year or so. Hate to replace fuel
pump. Put new non ethanol fuel in it and occasionally it will almost start but
won't. Any ideas I can try before replacing fuel pump?

715

Might just be the sending unit.

51,175

Definitely have the mechanic verify the fuel pump before replacing. Check the fuel pressure, Replace fuel filter first.

20,965

cool car- you should have drained and cleaned the tank- a year is too long to leave modern gas- now that gummy ethanol is all up in your injectors and everything- hopefully, you can clean it in some simple way-

20,965

Since the mechanic thinks the fuel pump should be replaced, pull the tank and clean it also-