Side window wants to tip TIP forward after re-installation

Asked by Apr 27, 2012 at 03:10 PM about the 1996 Oldsmobile Ciera 4 Dr SL Sedan

Im working on a 1996 OLDs. Ciera SL. I tore the driver door apart to replace the electric motor. that part works great now, it goes up and down. When I re-installed the glass it has two mounting bolts that bolts on to the plastic bracket is all I could see and each side is in the weather stripe groove but the glass wants to spin and fall into the door when you go up or down with it, mounting bracket spins on the plastic stud thats hooked to the vertical guide track right there,should it? That spining lets the glass move left or right inside the door. PLEASE HELP  P.S. lAST QUESTION I DIDNT EXPLAIN IT WELL ENOUGH, ITS NOT THE SWITCH.  THANK YOU GUYS

20

I have the same problem. There is a plastic guide that fits in the hole in the top corner of the glass that is probably missing or broken. Once installed, it fits into the retainer in the run channel and keeps the window in place. It folds over the edge and snaps into the hole. Difficult to find. I am still looking for one. Maybe an auto junk yard.