my 1996 oldsmobile lss 3.8L supercharger will start up and run. Then shuts off after 5 mins.

Asked by Oct 02, 2013 at 01:37 PM about the 1997 Oldsmobile LSS 4 Dr Supercharged Sedan

I get three lights showing up after it happens. My volt, temp and check engine. Struggles
to start. Sometimes it wont after it shuts off. I even have an actron autoscanner, but no
codes show up saying an issue. any ideas?

7,155

Do these lights come on while its running, or after it dies?

after it dies

7,155

If your key has an anti-theft chip imbedded in it, you might have a bad key, or a faulty ignition lock cylinder. The lights coming on after it dies, is normal. These same lights will come on when you turn on the ignition, but not crank the engine.

yeah my key is that one..Also i did get a code on my scanner finally.. came up dtc p1645. But what ur saying might be the case here. makes sense why it would happen

for a definition i get this: Manufacturer Controlled Computer Output Circuit

7,155

That code is for the evaporative purge solenoid. It will not prevent you from starting the vehicle. By the way, if you have a spare key, try using that one. Must have the chip on it.

only got the one...

but thanks for the help. it gives me a better chance of being able to get it fixed.. first time i ran into this problem