how to remove and replace motor and transmission mounts

Asked by Oct 11, 2012 at 07:07 PM about the 2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette 4 Dr GLS AWD Passenger Van Extended

how many are thier and where are they and how to remove and replace them

John Leone

which engine is it...the 8th digit on the vin will tell me as well.

from rigth to left 2 .It's 6 cly. 3.8 Thank You

John Leone

no, the v.i.n., vehicle identification number, has 17 digits, read from left to right, each and every letter/number indicates something specific, for example, the 1st is the country, 1,4,5 is U.S.A.,2nd indicates country.etc etc. the 8th (from left to right), is the engine, and 10th is the year, these are shown in the drivers door usually, or the lower left side of the windshield....but 3.8 is what i needed..please don't take this personally, are you asking as to support (check up on someone else), or in attempt to do this task of all mounts personally? reason being, I would never recommend an individual attempt such a task, (not that it is hard), but can be dangerous. If one is not partially qualified, if you think they are in need of replacing, open the hood, have someone else in the drivers seat, driver (engine running, FOOT ON THE BRAKE THE WHOLE TIME!!!!!, engage the car in gear, (d), this time you stand on the side of the car, hood open, and ask them to accelerate the engine slowly, or simply go from drive to park, if while they do that you see then engine "jump",move more than an inch yes, atleast one is bad, do the same thing for the trans, looking from the side, under the car....but if it is just general curiosity, super charged or not? most 3.8's had 2 mounts right on top, in front even with each other, if naturally aspirated, (not super), contact any gm dealer and ask the service writer (any), to do an open recall check, if yours is a generation 2 due to potential fires that can occur....

the 8th digit is the letter E. The engine is a 3.4 not a 3.8 Sorry for the wrong info.I want to do the job becuase the parts are only $86.00 at auto zone.My mechanic wants $450.00 parts and 5hrs labor.Then sears wants $440.00 parts and 3hrs labor. I have done brakes and even a water pump with online vedio so if I see how it's done I'll do it, but I'll also know if i can't do it after I get instructions.Thank you very much

The 8Th digt is the letter E And the engine is a 3.4 not a 3.8 sorry for the wrong info.I want to do the job becuase the parts are only $86.00 at auto zone.My mechanic wants $450.00 for parts and 5hrs.labor.Then Sears wants $440.00 for parts and 3hrs.labor.I have done my brakes and even a water pump with instructions and on line vedios so if get instructions I'll do it myself.But I'll also know if I can't do it and won't do it.Thank You Very Much