on a 2008 2 door hatchback 3000GT mitsubishi fuel pump reset button located

Asked by Jun 02, 2013 at 10:30 PM about the 1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2 Dr SL Hatchback

fuel pump reset button location

112,165

Not to sure that it has one. The relay should be on the passenger side of the center console under the carpet.

If you sit in the passenger seat, it should be where your left knee contacts the center console. Its just to the right of where the head unit (stereo controls) is, somewhere along that vertical wall.----from a mitsubishi forum~

112,165

Yes that is the relay. Not a reset button

I did say "from a mitsubishi forum"...dandy, tell us where it is/if it is there, before I haplessly pour over your schematic diagram~

112,165

Yes the relay is there were we both say it is but she was asking for a reset button. Never heard of a reset button on one of these. If you just happen to find a reset button for the fuel pump please let us know.

112,165

I should have been more specific about the statement (not to sure that it has one). That statement was referring to a reset button for fuel pump.

do these things have an aggressive SRS airbag system....the front bumper was completely mashed yet the airbag did not go off...Mike at Berkeley Motor Works says the passenger cushion can trigger the passenger side to pop...unscheduled....damn, these things sure are groovy~

112,165

Yes they do. Some models only have one on drivers side. I try not to have to fool with any of those parts. Don't want an unexpected hit in the face.

actually the high-pressure fuel system does this in conjunction with the SRS airbag system...functions are similar....panic shut down reset~ seen 'em on Fords...chevy trucks and dodge trucks and some luxury cars have them...never used to be this way...apparently 2008 is the dividing line...can remember when Honda fuel pumps were an easy change right in front of the drivers side rear wheel...until...many firey crashes later, decided to move it inboard and add such safeties~

as click and clack asserted "pop and win" airbags...like microwave popcorn.~

I got a doge ram 1500 got a new motor in it but it want crank