Hearter fan does not go off?

Asked by Feb 21, 2009 at 04:40 PM about the 1999 INFINITI G20 4 Dr STD Sedan

On my 1999 G20, when I press the off button for the heat the fan stays on but switches to the floor. Is this nornal?

55

Well, it depends. Yours could be screwed up, but most likely it is just your stock intake or engine heat or a combination of both. For example, if you had a cool air intake, that air by your feet would most likely be cold. So I wouldn't worry about it.

75

Yea, it doesn't sound quite right. You should check your engine temp when it happens to see if it is overheating. As far as I know, the heat usually comes from the engine, so maybe it is trying to expel the heat by blowing it into the cabin. I dunno. You should ask on G20.net. There are tons of people there that know what they are doing and will be able to help you much better than I can. Good luck...

85

it's an issue with how the heater control is programed. turn the temp down to all the way down, then turn it off, it'll turn off the heater.

I have a 2000 g20 too and i 100% understand what you 're saying. I have the same experience. But i think that is how infiniti is built. When you have set your heat high (even is it's off) it will keep the heat from the engine coming in on the floor but it's not fan generated. It comes from the air that the car sucks when moving. If you set it to say 65, it will close the engine vent and open the ground vent which allows wind blown by the car enter through the floor vent. This is my theory though.