Instrument panel lights not working please help. 1984 Chevy scottsdale

20

Asked by Apr 06, 2015 at 05:52 PM about the 1985 Chevrolet C/K 10 Standard Cab SB

I checked fuse and getting no hot
from it even when I tryed to run a hot
wire to the fuse it does nothing. 1984
Chevy c10 scottsdale

7,615

The fuse for that is labeled "inst lps" lower left side of fuse box, do you have power on both sides of fuse? here's a diagram, hope it helps.

20

There is no power to it at all. Even after putting in a fresh fuse nothing and with my test light I get nothing. I even tried runnin a hot wire to it and soon as it makes contact the test light goes off.

7,615

Need to test for power coming from the light switch, it will be a green wire

20

If I replace the switch could that be a solution?

7,615

With everything so far it's a good probability but still check for power coming from the switch to the lights first, if you have power there then the switch is good, the next thing to look at is the printed circuit on the back of the cluster, look for any obvious damage or burned out bulbs

20

With a test light I'm not getting power to the green wire on the harness but in 2 other places I am.

7,615

Since there's no power from the green wire the switch looks to be the fault.