2004 I35 won't start

Asked by Jul 19, 2009 at 10:14 PM about the 2004 INFINITI I35 4 Dr STD Sedan

just filled up gas and drove to the market a few yards away.  i returned to my car after about 15 minutes and car
wouldn't start.  the engine cranked fine but wouldn't start.  waited for a minute and tried starting it again.  it started but
took a while cranking before actually starting. once the car started i noticed the service engine light on, the TCS off light
stayed on, and SLIP light stayed on too.  the car seems to run fine, doesn't seem to miss or anything.  so i returned
home and took another car to finish shopping.  when i returned home tried starting my car again, but this time it
wouldn't start at all.  but it turns over fine so i know its not the battery.  also, absolutely never had any problems of any
sort prior to today.  even before leaving home to go shopping today the car started fine. and just had the car serviced
about 1.5 months ago.   DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THIS MIGHT BE?  

85

how low on gas did it get b4 u filled it up?

10

It could be the fuel pump, or the throttle positioning sensor - best take it to a shop to get a diagnostic done.

30

helow .hey i got the exact same problem .i took it to the mechanic,he told me it was. the " variable timming celenoid " i bought it today will install it tomorrow .hope my answer helps .reserch that item maibe it will help you ...again " variable timing celenoide "