grand marquis 1998

Asked by Jan 07, 2016 at 08:02 AM about the 2001 Ford Grand Marquis LS

When I drive the grand marquis car it starts
to shake at 20 mph and 40 mph what's a
matter with  .  It tires or a rod

Is it the tires or a rod

96,735

That sound more like tires, a rod would be making a loud knocking noise at all times and increase as the RPM's rose, as it happens at such a low speed it could be a broken belt on a tire and if that is the case it is not safe to drive very fast, I would recommend getting the tires checked ASAP as a blowout could happen. HTH

6,575

The lower the speed the more likely it is to be tire separation like tennisshoes said. The tie rods on your car tend to squeak when turning and set the steering wheel off center randomly.