I have a 1995 GMC Sonoma 2.2 4cyl w/ 5speed. When I am in heavy stop and go traffic and have to use the clutch a lot it stops working. I can push the clutch in , put it in gear but when I let the clutch out it doesn't go anywhere and clutch feels soft. I thought it might be air in the line but cant find anywhere to bleed it anyone with help with the cause and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated

10

Asked by Jul 28, 2013 at 02:18 PM about the 1995 GMC Sonoma 2 Dr SLE Standard Cab SB

1,565

is your clutch fluid at all low or can you add more to the resevoir?

10

Fluid level was good.thats the first thing i checked. i was told to bleed slave cylinder but can't find a bleeder valve like you have on the brake cylinder

May have nothing to do with hydraulics and releasing the clutch with throwout bearing, but a soft, worn out pressure plate

But here is bleeder, it will get bigger

10

Thanks Dave but i only have one line that runs from the clutch master cylinder to the clutch operating cylinder. on top of the operating cylinder looks like some type of set screw. is this the bleeder you are talking about?

If you can put it in gear and it goes no where, you have a worn clutch plate. When they warm up from constant stop and go traffic they lose there gripping power. Much like overheated brakes.

I have a 1999 GMC Sonoma. 5speed it's in my garage.been driving it . Painted the truck. When go to back it out no plead very soft. Don't see no bleeder valve can some help me out