2014 Ford Fusion window problems

Asked by Feb 23, 2017 at 11:33 AM about the 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium

After an ice storm I tried to open dr side and pass side front windows. Neither
opened so I released the levers. Now neither work and I was wondering if the
motors are burned out or if it is just a fuse. The manual doesn't specify which
fuse controls the windows.

Do you hear the motors run when you activate the switch?

On page 231 of your owners manual, check fuse #25 and #26....Passenger Compartment Fuse Panel The fuse panel is located under the instrument panel to the left of the steering column.

Thanks for getting back. I just went out to check for you answer and they worked. They had been frozen in place for 2 months, so I had assumed they were broken. I've had this happen on other cars but they would usually work once the heater is on for 20-30 minutes. Sorry for inconvenience and thanks for your assistance. As far as the fuses are concerned I've been looking at the fuse box in the engine compartment.

This concern is caused by the class actually getting stuck in the window track. It is very common on this car. The motors will not activate when it detects that much resistance. Applying window track lube usually helps

I have a 2015 Fusion with the same as problem. 20 degree night, next day it is 45 degrees and 3 of the 4 are still frozen. It has happened multiple times. Out of the blue they’ll start working. They budge a millimeter when lever is depressed, so not a power or motor issue. I’ll put some vinegar on my windows from now on

Ok, I apparently missed the answer. What is is and how do you fix it? all 4 of mine have been stuck since an ice storm. I was going to try to replace the fuze, but I can't even figure out 1) where the fuze box is and 2) once I find it, which fuze do I need to change? Help!

Interesting finding was about to look for the fuse and replace it, but then I thought that a car in this day and age gotta have some self protection and some easy reset. So I tried fiddling with the switch, click on hold all the way down then all the way up (activating the auto-roll), and after 3 times, it started working again. My problem BTW was frozen windows followed by me trying to roll it down, then the entire system went off. Nothing from the switch. Even temp in the 60s, still no response. So that fixed it.

Thank you so much Ziad!! Literally just worked for me a few minutes ago. Aftermath of a Nor’easter my windows have been stuck all week. Ahhh what a relief I thought I was going to have to get a new motor for the windows or something else expensive lol. Thanks again!

Ziad is the MAN !!!! sure enough, my dad had this same problem on his 2013 Fusion. Both front windows weren't working after a snow storm and a month after. after checking the fuses, and thinking the modules might need dealer reflashing, i key'd on and did the down up repeat, first on the driver side window main switch. you could hear it start to wake up after 3 or 4 repeats, a few more down/ups and it was working perfect. next same thing for the passenger side window from the main switch, sure enough it started to wake up after 3 or 4 and works perfect. you da man !!!