Overdrive

Asked by Mar 24, 2016 at 09:55 AM about the 2006 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor

Ihave a 20006 Ford Crown Victoria Police
Interceptor and I'm not sure how to use the
overdrive when do I turn it off when do I need to
leave  it on it's on automatically as soon as we
start the car and does it burn more gas on or off

97,005

Its default position is on, so that is normal, in most cases just leave it alone everything will be fine for normal driving, the only time you want to turn off the overdrive is in hilly road conditions where your speeds are constantly changing from above 45 down to 30 or slower, back and forth, up and down. Interceptors are usually programmed for firmer shifting at slightly higher speeds than a normal programmed unit, so manually taking it out of overdrive is not necessary when driving around town as it won't activate until above 45+mph, so when driving it normally just stick it gear and go. One thing to remember about these transmissions is they do require more maintance, so if you just acquired this unit I would service the trans right away then again every 20K down the road, and you might consider adding some LubeGuard for Ford transmissions during a service. Might help keeping it alive longer.

Thank you so much.

97,005

Your Welcome.

10

On the streets leave it off on the free have it on i was told that by my police Department i have a 2006 ford crown Victoria Police Interceptor.