I was riding to work I had my music hooked up then it just cut off on me I got a new system I tried putting in today I check the fuse in the car in under the hood they are good i dntknow what to do no

Asked by Nov 30, 2015 at 08:13 PM about the 2002 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor

I checked all fuses they are all good

20,985

It's hard to give you any suggestions without having the car to troubleshoot. Its an ex-police car, and the police motor pool can and will do a hatchet job on the wiring when they pull their equipment out. You'll have to trace out the harness under the dash, make sure none of the wires cut during the equipment removal are shorting together, make sure none of the other wires got nicked. Make sure all connectors are tight. The fuse panel is almost always a complete mess after the cop shop gets done with it, make sure all the grounds are good. You'll likely find a number of extraneous ground connections that are abandoned. Make sure "dark mode" or the LCM isn't disabling your radio either, that fuse is under the hood.