Will An Engine from a 2003 Crown Victoria fit into a 2002 Crown Victoria?

Asked by Apr 26, 2013 at 07:34 PM about the 2002 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor

Both Crown Vic's are the PI edition.  Both
engines look the same other than some
things on the intake are different. One of the
major concern I have is the Exhaust.
Manifolds look different..

98,125

If both engines are the same size, it should fit.

24,615

The 4.6L Police Interceptor is a very universal motor. Watch for differences like oil pans, intake manifolds and the like. Just for safe measure, I would transfer all the electronics from the old engine to the new just in case there's a calibration difference (oh how Ford loves to change things!) Basically, I would do a Long Block Swap - more work now / less hassles later.

1,415

easy swap over -- use the the harness from 2002 and if anything looks different use the 2002 stuff -- I put a 2001 in my 1999 and it was great

10

It will work...but there is a load of things to keep from the old motor...like exhaust manifolds...the fuel injector cradle...the a/c compressor...motor & transmission wiring harness...and if the speed sensor on your car isn't on the transmission tailshaft...that's 1 problem I still haven't figured out...Ford designed the 98-2002 models slightly different from 2003- 2006...that's why you didn't have any problems Paul...also use your old computer...and check drive shaft length...oh yea use your old vacuum lines...and all the parts they connect to...nothing hard ^_^ IF YOU DO THE SWAPS BEFORE YOU INSTALL THE NEW ENGINE O_O (your welcome) :)

20

Will a 2005 motor fit n a 2000 model

20

I'm about to drop a 2006 p71 into my 98 interceptor. I would love to find someone who has done this for some advice to save me time but if not I will post any issues I come across in my swap. I'm planning on doing a full harness swap and also doing the trans and drive shaft to avoid any issues there. This weekend will be a busy one!

24,615

I've done this swap! In reality, you're just changing the Long Block. You'll have to use the '98 Oil pan, valve covers and the like. You'll like the result. The Throttle body vs. Fly-by-wire systems are Night and Day!

20

So your saying it's easier to strip the motor to the block? Or just the elecronic components? (coil packs,injectors, sensors?)

24,615

Yes. Strip it to the Long block. The oil pans are different as are the injectors and manifolds. Only the basic engine (heads and block) are fully interchangeable.

Tried to swap a 2004 grand marquis engine into a 98 crown victorian...save your self time guys...car will not start ..I wasted a lot money and time with this B......S

I need to know if the 01 crown Vic motor could fit into an 03 Crown Vic.

I have a 2000 mercury grand Marquis an I just got a 2001 crown Victoria motor p71 will it fit

Guru the 01 p71 will work with minimal parts swaping. Throttle body i beleive is different but other than that it will be a bolt in swap with the 2000 harness and throttle body Charles, the 01 into an 03 is a little more work. You will want to swap oil pan, throttle body an fuel rails use the 03 harness and. 03 valve covers. But my advice is install the motoe then swap the covers to avoid cracking the ones you need to run on it(learn from my mistake on that one)