How to replace the cooling system

Asked by Jun 22, 2014 at 04:18 AM about the 1998 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

Its leaking water from under the fuel

2 Answers


Sounds like blown intake manifold gasket.

1 of 1 people found this helpful.

No. It's usually a broken Intake Manifold. Either the coolant nipple at the right rear, the Thermostat housing (where the aluminum and plastic meet) or the tube that comes directly out of the back of the water pump that runs under the intake. If you replace the Intake manifold, replace the tube and o-ring as a preventative measure.

Your Answer

Ford Crown Victoria Experts

  • #1
    Tracy Hooks
  • #2
    Tom Demyan
  • #3
View All

Related Models For Sale

Used Mercury Grand Marquis
20 Great Deals out of 1,692 listings starting at $1,995
Used Ford Taurus
196 Great Deals out of 14,749 listings starting at $1,850
Used Ford Mustang
546 Great Deals out of 36,597 listings starting at $2,595
Used Lincoln Town Car
31 Great Deals out of 1,721 listings starting at $1,004
Used Ford Explorer
1,037 Great Deals out of 70,273 listings starting at $2,100
Used Ford F-150
2,814 Great Deals out of 212,502 listings starting at $1,295
Used Chevrolet Tahoe
795 Great Deals out of 41,893 listings starting at $1,980
Used Chevrolet Camaro
451 Great Deals out of 31,230 listings starting at $1,450
Used Honda Accord
1,084 Great Deals out of 65,921 listings starting at $561

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.