how do you disable the seatbelt chime

Asked by Apr 13, 2013 at 10:59 AM about the 2012 Chevrolet Captiva Sport LT

http://www.wikihow.com/Disable-a-Seat-Belt-Alarm

21,065

get under the seat and unclip the jack from the belt receiver wire running across the underside

28,145

you may turn on the air bag light if you start unplugging stuff.

250,805

by putting your seatbelt on

28,145

Toms answer is the best. Why are people against wearing seat belts these days

...well you have to pull out of the driveway...put on your seatbelt...have to close the gate...put on your seatbelt...have to be on your way...put on your seatbelt...kinda seems a little naderish to me~

69,305

The chime sound for your seatbelt, lights on, etc., comes out of the left front (driver's) stereo speaker. HTH. -Jim

A plug under the seat.

14,985

Listen to Tom. Wear the belt. If it still chimes when all the belts are connected, then look for a short in the system that will not make a correct connection when the belt is connected. Lost of time and work, but once fixed, hook up and go.

50

Looking at some of these answers (like: put your seatbelt on), there really needs to be a "mark as unhelpful" button!

20

Tom's answer is fine for Tom. I do not live in Russia and will not let the government tell me when to wear my seat belt. Have people or "sheeple" forgot the whole concept this country was founded on was freedom.

14,985

No you don't live in Russia, but have you considered moving to Idaho or Montana? Anyone can sky dive, but if they want to do it again, you need to wear a parachute. Anyone can drive a car. but if you're in a serious accident and want to drive again, wear the frigged seat-belt. There are people that are so stuck on self freedom, that everything is questioned, and they go out of their way to go against common sense that is for their own personal safety. Why carry a shotgun hunting and have the safety on? My cousin wishes his brother followed that advice when hunting pheasants. Buckshot taken out of the ass and legs is painful. Don't listen to the statistics on lives saved because of seat belts or collapsible steering wheels, or even disc brakes and anti-locking brake systems. Never mind the safety glass used in cars and trucks. Just keep your head buried in the sand, ass in the air, but don't complain when you get rear ended.

50

I'd expect anyone in California to agree, that everyone would be perfectly safe if we never set foot outside of our houses. That we'd all feel much better being required to wear padded suits when we go out. A 5 mile per hour speed limit and no one would ever be injured by a car again. Oh the comforting bliss of living in our very own padded cells...

14,985

ParDHarD Are you off your meds again?

My aunt was not belted and in a serious accident got thrown on floor, they told she would have been paralyzed if she had her belt on!...myhusband races, hit the wall at eighty only thing that saved him was the number 7 cylinder.. he only wears his belt in race car... its a choice...he got pulled over for not wearing told cop give me a ticket for everyday then cuz i won't wear... cop asked why he explained and cop said i can respect that have a nice day...

14,985

Choice is yours. After 30+ years in law enforcement, anyone including me in my car has a seat belt on and fastened. You can drive safely, do all the rules of the road, but just once someone or something is going to have a bad day and your's may be even worse, if you can realize it.

50

If you don't know the answer, then don't post your useless insight! There are plenty of good reasons for disabling it.

20

Granted you should wear your seat belt. But I believe initially its the alarm reminder that's rather annoying. Are we this imbecilic that alarms & flashing lights are needed? Oh that's right- it also generates revenue for your local city or state if caught not wearing it. Yet, where I am in Pennsylvania there's no motorcycle helmet law. Explain that one. Also, ever notice there're no seat belts in the back of a police van when transporting prisoners? At least I know there aren't where I am. Just built in benches to sit on. Yeah, REAL concerned about safety. Steve R Pennsylvania

20

I omitted to mention also, no seat belts on school buses, public transit buses & public transit trains. Go figure. Steve R