91 stealth wont idle

Asked by Sep 02, 2010 at 05:24 PM about the 1991 Dodge Stealth 2 Dr R/T Hatchback

so i bought a 91 stealth RT for 1200 needs work but when u start it it runs tell u put it in gear then when u can keep it running it trys to die after that. does have codes but cant read them cause the stupid viper car alarm keeps going off and it wont run long enough for me to check it. how do i disconnect the alarm

if it is idling low then try adjusting the idle screw(very simple) if that isn't the problem then i dont know but mine idled very low and it would shut off because it was so low and then i adjusted that and it idles round 1000 RPM's

well mine is idling at 750 were it should be but has a check engine light on but i cant read the codes

if it has an after market intake without the sensor it will do that to