What is the recommended gas grade?

Asked by Apr 02, 2008 at 05:30 PM about the 2003 Ford Mustang GT Premium Convertible

89 oct or 92 oct.

my sister in-laws recommends regular. what does the owners manual say?

i run 101 in my car but it is to expensive the only reason i run it is i work at sunocco and its cheap for me to get it it runs cleaner and the motor dont gum up as bad

2003 GT...actualy these days even bronze is prety good but depands on many factors my friend. Is it an every day car,do you have a heavy foot? Mid grade should be good enough but if you want a cleaner burn and performance of course the high grade is better. Now days it`s all about price. But higher grade burns better,cleaner and performs better for all cars. Unless your engin is not stock then ya might be better off with the high grade of course.

I have a 07 Mustang GT, yes i know its a different motor/carm, but i run 93 octane from BP or Texaco. On a dyno when i had like Circle K gas in it, i got 293 horses to the wheels and 310 torque and then they told me to take it to bp across the street and fill it with bp then i got 296 horses and 316 torque. But it matters to you if your going to be on that pedal with a heavy foot or if your just going to drive it normal. I would recommend Premium(93 octane) or at least mid-grade (91 octane)

push the regular button fill her up... unless you superchip her set it up for performance endurance and then save money buying premium... i dont wanna hear haters ive done the math...

If you're going for max horsepower and performance, 93 Octane is what I use and it noticeably increased performance. If you would like to test it, burn up all the current fuel and fill it up with 93oct. It will work best if the car have significant upgrades.

You should be ok with regular but the biggest thing is to stay away from ethanol enriched gasoline. I dont care if its cheaper or not. The stuff saps mileage and gums up injectors. If the premium was verified to have no ethanol in it, I would buy that for sure.

unless u have a supercharger or turbos just run regular the high octain wont make the car perform any better.....they are designed to run their best on the lower stuff i have a 94 5.0 and i have only put the 83 or w/e it is in it and it runs just fine

Depends on how you have your engine tuned. If you are running a high performance timing or have a high flow air intake and plenum, I would definitely use 92 octane or higher. For a stock engine use 87 or 89 octane and change the oil every 3000 miles like the owners manual says.