Suspensions and brakes on my boyfriend lsc car Mark IVll

Asked by Mar 21, 2016 at 06:48 AM about the 1988 Lincoln Mark VII LSC

My boyfriend car have problems with the his
brakes when he press down on it and he's
suspension light would light up to let him
know that it needs working on but how
much would it cost to get the brakes and
the suspension belt fixed

If it's a Mark VII and not a nicely kept,low mileage MarkVIII,whichive had BOTH of,you might as well get rid of it,especially a MarkVII,Sorry.

175

Ambrecia, Lincoln Mark VIIs are well built and sturdy vehicles capable of ownership well over 300,000 miles. I have owned over one dozen. Nothing should be diagnosed until the system has been completely flushed and filled with about two quarts of new, uncontaminated fluid. Done correctly, with NO AIR OR CONTAMINANTS left in the system, 90% of the problems are solved. This service, done by a seasoned shop, should cost less than $200.00 Rubber suspension parts (just like all rubber products) have a finite life. The four rubber air springs in the system can be delivered to your door for about $125.00 or less each from Arnott Industries. The O-rings for the air line connections are less than $20.00 delivered for a bag of 100 from McMaster-Carr. If a shop tells you to convert the suspension to steel springs, seek another shop as this one does NOT know how to properly do it. SEVERAL examples can be found at http://thelincolnmarkviiclub.org/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=18