where will i find the brain for an 89 ford bronco.

Asked by Apr 02, 2015 at 12:46 AM about the 1989 Ford Bronco XLT 4WD

I have been told to try replacing the brain for my bronco, where is it located?

In all my years as a Ford Tech, 25 years, I can count the times I had to replace the ECM on one hand, and that was 5 times, and those were mostly caused by someone doing something stupid, like taking off a battery cable with it running, jumping it backwards and believe it or not someone actually put a speaker magnet right on the ECM's case. Any way what I am saying is makes sure that the ECM is your actual problem, Fords are noted for having grounding issues when they get a little age on them. As far as location, it should be located on the drivers side, up under the dash, you will be able to see the 60 pin connector under the hood, it will have a bolt right in the center of the connector. HTH

Agree, so what is the symptom? visually inspect components, connectors including the 60pin. be very careful not to bend any pins reattaching. see if the mice ate your wiring for the component with the code. see if a bad exhaust check valve cooked a harness previously.