how do you reset the fuel pump on a 2003 Ford crown victoria

Asked by May 23, 2014 at 04:58 PM about the 2003 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor

16,775

this goes off if you were hit so : 1/ switch is in the trunk left side 2/ turn off ignition 3/check for fuel leaks 4/ push button 5/ turn on ign. (not to start) wait a few seconds and turn key off 6/ LOOK AGAIN FOR LEAKING GAS!! There is of course a fuse and a relay for the pump so unless you were in a fender bended to reset button shouldn't be the problem in the first place.

112,085

The fuel pump shut off switch is located on the left side of the trunk behind the left rear tail light and trunk liner.

112,085

Check out pages 163 & 164 of your owners manual.

112,085

http://justgivemethedamnmanual.com/?wpfb_dl=136 -- here is you access to a free on line version of your manual. Hope this helps.

16,775

I already told him where the reset was and the procedure for reset but it's nice that you verified it's location (I told him in the trunk left side but didn't tell him to move the trunk liner) and yes he should get himself an Owner's Manual because it will cover this subject plus a lot of other stuff that owners need to read. I re-read my answer and boy I am a lousy typist - the last sentence was supposed to say:"... so unless you were in a fender bender the reset button shouldn't be the problem in the first place."

16,775

P.S. I had to check what I type in to get to free manuals and here's another place - google : free owners manuals for cars and then click on the one that shows www.edmunds.com>Car Maintenance>HOW TO-.Their site takes you to other sites that let you read the manuals,they don't seem to have them all but there are lots. so maybe between these two sites we can convince everyone to get themselves an Owner's Manual (if you own a car then you really should have one)

24,985

Ahhhhh...the Most Published and Least Read book in America: The Owner's Manual!! I'll bet you a nickel that his fuel pump has failed. The inertia switches seldom fail.

16,775

I told him that the reset button would not be the problem unless he was in a fender bender, but he has not gotten back on what happened after he reset it. It could be a fuse or the relay which probably blew because the pump blew.

30

I have a question? Anybody can help me locate of the fuel pump. My car is 2003 Ford Crown Victoria, I did check the relay, fuse and they are good. Thanks for your helping me this.

140

Try just give me the damnownersmanual.com. The owners manual tells the steps to reset everything including the fuel pump. The remote starting is the problem usually. Put the main black key in, turn to on for one second then off. Put the grey key in do the same turn on for a second then off, then immediately switch keys to the black one, one turn back and immediately to on then start. All lights on the dash should illuminate including the fuel light. It will start eventually. If there are a lot of cars with remotes around they will disable the system for a day. Other troubleshooting tips include checking the fuses, disabling the alarm system, or changing the remote and key chips. Sometimes the batteries in the remote don't work simply changing them, resetting all or changing the ignition switch and reprogramming all will cost less than them telling you you need a new fuel pump. The fuel pump is located on the fuel tank, beside it, or under the hood depending on the year. There are two connections that sometimes need cleaning. Check connections to the starter for corrosion as well. These vehicles are made so no one can steal them. Fuel reset in trunk often does not disable the alarm system. It costs $25- $100 to by a keyless disabling system. Five minutes to install! Hope this helps. I get frustrated with mine when I need to go somewhere and it does this.

140

Don't forget to disconnect the battery terminals before doing any work. Another tip disconnect the battery cables and reconnect wait 5 minutes then do as in the previous troubleshooting tip. Hope these tips help. For any backfiring it is usually bad plugs, plug wires or wrong sequence for firing order. Firing order can be found online with merely year, make and model search on the internet.

60

I am trying to change the fuel filter in my 02 LX SPORT and I cannot push the damn button hard enough to get it to shut off the fuel supply.

24,985

The button is for resetting the impact switch AFTER a collision. Smack the impact switch sharply with a plastic mallet or the heel of your hand until the red button pops up. Better yet - just unplug it.

The fuel switch will also be triggered if someone Jacks the car up while running..(03 grand marquis).