How do I replace the ABS sensor for the left front wheel

Asked by May 03, 2017 at 06:23 PM about the 1990 Cadillac Fleetwood Sedan FWD

1990 Fleetwood 4.5 L.  ANTI LOCK indicator light stays on.  Mechanic ran diagnostic and told me its the ABS sensor on the left front wheel.  I'm trying to locate on and have him install or install myself if easy.  I don't know where its located on the car.

21,105

ABS Sensor Ring is in the Wheel Bearing And Hub Assembly.

21,105

You have to put on a new one. May as-well do both sides and bearings too.

21,105

If you rotors are older you can replace them at the same time, which aslo means new brake pads. The wheel/brake caliper & mounts come off then, axle nut, take off hub & rotor, take new parts hub/bearings pack & put together install and take new rotor and install reinstall axle nut washer (most times you replace the nut too). reconnect any electrical connections, put wheel back on. This basic info so get a repair manual from parts store and follow all torque specs.

21,105

And do put the caliper hardware back on too.