It takes about 8-10 seconds to finally crank, when it does i have to keep my foot on the accelerator our it will shut right off? Even when I'm drive i have to drive with both feet or it will cut off

20

Asked by Nov 01, 2015 at 03:04 PM about the 1992 Cadillac Seville Base

Can someone pleases help me? I'm in a
new city trying to start a new life and don't
know any mechanic. Im in Tears!!!!

71,675

Sounds like a dirty or stuck IAC (Idle Air Control) valve. HTH. -Jim

10,760

It could be anything from the fuel pump to a clogged air filter. When did it begin this problem? How far have you drove it since the problem began?

20

It began back in March of this year. I drive it everyday but it has never left me on side of the road. I drove it back to home town which is 100 miles from where I'm at now, and my mechanic said it wasn't my fuel pump since i made it that far.

10,760

This may sound crazy but turn on your AC. You have a device that increases the idle when the AC is on ... if it works then perhaps you can pull the fuse from the AC clutch (under the hood is a fuse box and the cover identifies the fuse)

10,760

I suspect you may have a partially clogged catalytic converter or the IAC that Js mentioned

20

Thank you very much. When I turn the AC on the idle gets really really low and it cuts off

10,760

I did recommend that you disable the AC by pulling the fuse

405

Sounds like fuel injection problem

405

Throw some fuel injection cleaner in the tank. Also r u using high test gas or regular ?

20

I'm using the plus because it can't take regular or it will run terrible. But when the problem first arose I used fuel injection cleaner and the problem was still there.

405

I own a 92 Seville I have had some fuel injection problem ended up changing the # 6 injector also ck you're filters €air &fuel