I have a 98 Cadillac Catera and it is not fully accelerating until it gets to 30mph, the steering wheel is tight, and the signal lights arent working (the hazard lights work but not the signals). What could be the problem?

dvinegrace
0

Asked by Dec 10, 2012 at 06:42 PM about the 1998 Cadillac Catera 4 Dr STD Sedan

30,115

Does it shift? The signals and engine running the way it is are probably unrelated but I may be wrong. It sounds like the trans is in what's called "limp in mode" where it stays in second gear. The turn signals could be a bad flasher, if your brake lights are working then I doubt its a bad switch.