what part of the coolant system runs at the back of the engine and to the right?

Asked by Apr 15, 2007 at 05:06 PM about the 1998 Cadillac Catera 4 Dr STD Sedan

3,455

When I searched for info, sromine, I found this thread on coolant leaks in late-nineties Cateras: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-forum/t-367.html. I couldn't find any diagrams, but I hope that thread will have some useful info for you. Good luck with your car!

You have a heater core hose that is almost on the center back of the engine . If you are doing it yourself . remove the wipperblade's and the cover that is right under them . (Plastic gard) you should be able to see the hose. I had that hose leak , a radiator pinhole ,transmission leak and slipping , vaule cover gasket . all have been repaired . Now i have a head gasket leak .proceed with caution , make sure your not throwing your money away .blown head gasket and vaule cover gaskets , along with the radiator are big problems with the cateras