I just bought this 2002 cadillac seville sts, drove it home and had it sitting for a couple days. When I went to start it the battery was dead, tried getting jumped all the lights and power turned on

10

Asked by Dec 24, 2014 at 04:44 PM about the 2002 Cadillac Seville STS

but the car wouldnt turn over. Just kept
making a ticking noise. Any feedback will
help please

216,955

Did you check the voltage of the battery? You might have a shorted cell in the battery. Sounds like it's time for a new one. Check all your other connections as well.

10

I checked the voltage and it read like 13.2 volts, so I thought that was Ok. I was thinking that it might of set off the theft system???

4,915

If it only clicked each time you turned the key, it's probably the starter solenoid. I don't know anything about alarms on cars... :)

58,915

You'll want to load test the battery. In the mean time check all the battery connections. Switch on the head lights and try to start it. Do the head lights dim, flicker badly, or go out? If so it's the battery or the battery cable connections. If they stay nice and bright it's the starter. It's not going to be the anti theft device because the starter solenoid is clicking. This means that the BCM (Body Control Module) is responding to the starter request signal from the ignition switch and is trying to start the car. If the anti theft device was enabled the BCM would ignore the starter request signal and nothing would happen when you turn the key. HTH. -Jim

Best Answer