front heater works part time

Asked by Nov 26, 2013 at 01:58 AM about the 2003 Cadillac Seville STS FWD

sometimes it works normal until I turn car off but sometimes it coms back on like normal but most of the time it wont come on unless I hit a railroad tracks,potholle,manholecover before it will come on is it the fan going out or worse the heater unit the rear heater and fan work just fine

I am a bit confused about the front heater & rear heater. I have done no research on this particular vehicle. For all I know they have designed something like a space heater for passengers in the back that operates independently relying only on the electricity it's provided. If your heater is not working most of the time & does when the vehicle hits a pot hole, the heater core would be my first guess. You can flush out your antifreeze with a bunch of different product options. The heater core is difficult to replace because it is most likely located behind the fire wall or between your car stereo & the engine just behind the glove box. I flushed mine by locating where the h20 hose went into & out of that area. I disconnected both sides & hooked my yard hose up to it. With the help of a friend I began turning it on slowly to see if any water came out-- it did although it was a very rusty brown. I flushed it until the water was clear and replaced the fluids with new antifreeze; after that my heater worked. I am not a mechanic so I apologize for my laymen, or lame, guess.

its your blower motor I had same problem 4months ago.