1.9 TDI alternator handle the battery pressure and the car as while total of 24volts

Asked by Aug 02, 2015 at 02:06 PM about the 2008 Volkswagen Polo 1.4 TDI Eco

Hi
Have 2 subs in my car, when l play loud music car off doesn’t last even 10minutes
and  battery dies. Driving a 1.9TDI, want add another 12volts battery but scared if it
will cause harm/damage things like fuses, alternative will be able to recharge two
12volts battery. Please advise should l go ahead and will my alternator handle the
battery pressure and the car as while total of 24volts

30

Large amplifiers draw a lot of current. If the battery doesn't have constant supply of power it will drain quickly. If you boost your alternator to a 250 amp alternator your lights won't dim as you play stereo while the car is running. If you add a second battery it will last a little longer while car is off but in the end it will drain both batteries.

7,815

You don't have to add anouther battery or a bigger alternator. Install the proper equipment for the job and it won't be an issue. http://www.dhgate.com/product/car-audio-2-0-farad-capacitor-storage-device/198137482.html if you don't have something like this that is what happens to your battery.