I have a landrover freelander and it is not starting, they are saying its lost the memory how is it possible

15

Asked by Feb 27, 2014 at 08:00 AM about the 2006 Land Rover Freelander Sport

I have a landrover freelander and it is not starting, they are saying its lost the memory how
is it possible

42,825

I would begin with the usual suspects. Fuel pump, check spark, fuses, etc... Is this an automatic? If so, turn your key to the on position, while holding key (like trying to start it) grab your shift lever with the other hand and move it up and down like from park to drive quite a few times. If car suddenly begins to start, that means that your safety neutral switch on your transmission has gone bad. I think those guys are trying to rake you over the coals........

15

The car does not crack, is the one you put the key in and press the button to start.

42,825

Got it. Well, I have been researching other problems and the usual problems are the neutral safety switch and fuel pump which are the most common. Other than that most people take them to the dealer because there is just so much electrical in that vehicle. Did not come across anyone who had "no memory" issues.

I have change the fuel Pump see attached but the problems still persists