What problems can bar's leak cause in a 1990 Acura Integra?

Asked by Apr 20, 2014 at 12:03 PM about the 1990 Acura Integra LS Sedan FWD

I put bar's leak heavy duty stop leak in radiator had a small crack and I had to put water in it every few weeks. A week later my car overheated and water is leaking underneath exhaust manifold.

115,025

Sounds like you have a cracked head or head gasket blown. Bars would not necessarily cause this but overheating would. I never advice to use any kind of fix in a can products( bars stop leak and such). These products don't fix the problem they only hide it for a while. They also can stop up your radiator, thermostat and heater core.

Replaced thermostat and found a couple of holes in a heater hose so I replaced that as well. Still leaking just as much. Appears to be some where underneath thermostat housing. Any ideas? Hoping its not a blown head gasket don't really have the money for that.

115,025

Pressure test the cooling system. This will make it leak so you can find out where the leak is. Your local auto parts store should have a test kit they will loan you.(auto zone). Doing the test while the engine is cold will make it easier for you to get close and personal with your car without getting burnt. A small inspection mirror will help to look in hard to reach places.