Acura SLX Owners - Represent

Robinson Wigfall III

Asked by Feb 12, 2015 at 11:46 PM about the 1998 Acura SLX 4WD

Just purchased an Acura SLX - this car is beautiful, heavy for a Honda, but so efficient. Not fuel friendly, but definitely my most reliable vehicle I own right now. It sits high enough to give you a great view of the roadway and oncoming road. I love the way it handles and definitely the comfort is okay. I am the proud new owner of an 1998 Acura SLX.

Just so you know this is actually and Isuzu Tropper they re-branded as an Acura while they finished developing their own SUV so you can also get parts and service at any Isuzu dealer. They engines were used in a Honda truck from 1994 to 1997 and the Transmission (4L30E) was used in a whole bunch of BMW's. Their common problems include noisy lifters especally on start up. If this happen to you turn the engine off and count to 10 and restart. This often takes care of the problem. It is caused by sticky lifters or worn intake rocker shaft. Enjoy your truck I love my Isuzu

Best Answer
Robinson Wigfall III

That is great information. I appreciate your information and will take advantage - Thanks again.