2003 Jaguar X-Type Possible Electrical Problem
I just purchased a 2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 with 103K miles. When I picked the
vehicle, it needed a jump start. The battery was manufactured in December 2012. I
have the vehicle sitting in front of my home all day. Yet when I opened the hood, the
engine was hot. I went and sat inside the vehicle. I did not even put the key in the
ignition. I heard a continuous sound coming from the dashboard area. It seems an
electrical issue is causing the battery to die. The check engine light is on. I cleared it,
it came back on within seconds/minutes. To be on the safe side, I unplugged the
battery's negative terminal.
Can you guys tell me what problem(s) may be?
Any help will be appreciated.
Could this have some sort of battery operated engine block heater that is running the battery down. Only hot water would make engine hot when stopped
Search Jaguar X-TYPE Questions
Are you a UK consumer? CarGurus now has a discussion forum in the UK.
Jaguar X-TYPE Experts