Coolant Leakage

Asked by Jun 22, 2015 at 02:18 AM about the 2002 Jaguar X-TYPE 3.0

What could be the problem if the coolant is leaking from container and how can it be fixed, and is it okay to add any color coolant to the car instead of specifically a red coolant?

3,715

try new cap, add any color but make sure the % condsentrate is the same

8,420

Read your owners guide about coolant type in use. ask a the napa store. If your coolant remote reservoir is leaking you may have cooked it into that condition. For a jag....better get professional help about any possible base engine concern and testing to find out about that unit. The gaskets or castings could be building pressure in the system from engine compression leak. ask your service department to help you determine your actual condition. They will be able to check service bulletins for info