why did my pushrods break?

Asked by May 05, 2014 at 07:23 PM about the 1992 Chevrolet Beretta Coupe

I have a 92 beretta 3.1 base model. My car had been stalling out when i was driving (
about 3 times) over the course of a few months. one day i was turning and my car died
and wouldn't start back up like it normally would. i had it towed home and when it
would crank it sounded like there was no compression. I checked the timing and its
perfect on point all though all of the pushrods snapped in half except two. What else
could have went wrong that would cause it not to start? i tore the engine apart just
curious as to what else it could have been.

10,245

If your cam timing was on I don't know. I've put some of these through hell and never broke a push rod, bent some. Do you have pics. How do the rockers and valves feel. If you do find out why post it I'm curious.

35

timeing belt or bad cam

35

or lifters

7,205

timing chain stretched or broke. oil passage clogged ?