My back up lights and my license plate light does not work

Asked by Apr 25, 2016 at 09:48 AM about the 2004 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan FWD

My back up lights and my license plate  light does not work all other lights work. I had given a jump to someone a couple days before i noticed them out. I have gone thru two fuse box locations one under my rear seat ,and one under the hood on passenger side. I have pulled and looked at every fuse from 10 to 30 amp .I am left with these big (1 inch) metal fuses?
  The question does anyone know the right fuses and are these the only fuse box locations?      thanks for your input

As both the license plate light and the backups are in the trunk lid I would look at the small harness from the body to the trunk, it is highly possible that the wires have broken inside the harness just from normal usage, this is more common in the doors but has happened in trunks also.

the problem is GROUND...the ground connection to the chassis/ground....assure the battery has full voltage...the new tin/antimony ones will last ten years before they stop accepting a charge....SO look at the negative battery cable that attached to the frame/ground and also the cable that connects to the engine block~ get 'em all nice and clean....turn the key....restored power~