Hello everyone I have a 02 Buick LeSabre and when I go to crank the car it only runs when I spray starting fluid and when I stop it kills I know it's dealing with my fuel but everything look good

Asked by Dec 01, 2014 at 01:37 PM about the 2002 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan FWD

13,740

have the fuel pressure tested.

Ok thanks.. One more thing I unhooked my injectors from the engine but kept it connected to the fuel lines and place a dry paper bag under each injector, then attempt to start the engine to see if fuel go through them and nothing. Is the gas supposed to come through the injector? And could that be the reason my car cn only run with starter fluid?

13,740

yes, that is why i want you to test fuel pressure. these vehicles all have a fuel pressure range. if it is below this range the car wont run and it could very well be your fuel pump. if you cant hear the pump run when you turn the key to the on position without starting, it might be bad. also check the fuel pump relay.. if the pump is getting power but is below the pressure range then the pump is bad.

Ok thank you, I hear the fuel pump and the relay makes the clicking sound when I turn the key. So I will go test the pressure next.