why would your car not even turn over after you had your battery charged and was running before

Asked by Jul 17, 2016 at 08:11 AM about the 2000 Buick LeSabre Limited

I bought a 2000 buick but the battery needed to be charged.  I had the battery charged and now I don't even get a click from my starter.  The car was jumped before I bought it and ran fine.

10,100

charge the battery all the way and take it and have it load tested. A battery can show 12v and still be bad when put under a load.

31,455

First thing is to check and clean the battery connections. The cable connections to the battery have to be absolutely clean and tight. Second thing is to charge the battery and have it load tested. Most auto parts stores will do this for you free of charge.

4,525

This may be related to the antitheft system The system is known for turning off the starter and/or injectors when it fails or when it loses voltage. Is there a light on the dash that says SECURITY or a picture of a car with a lock through it? This is a common problem worth looking into. http://www.diy-gm-security.com/ & http://newrockies.com/