Transmission not going into any gears for 2000 Buick lasa re

Asked by May 08, 2013 at 09:54 PM about the 2000 Buick LeSabre Limited

What could cause transmission not to go into gear on a 2000  Buick leasable?

You mean the selector will not move because of a safety interlock not releasing? a sensor on the brake pedal has to be satisfied that the brake is being pressed before it will let you move the controls...if you're putting it into gear and it won't go, that's gonna be an hydraulic problem...check the level to make sure there's enough fluid in there with the vehicle running in park...be sure to set the parking brake.~

60

what he means it could also be the transmission control module on the side of trans on one side of module there is a hydraulic spring that get push back a forth and on the other side there a HOLES connet to it take off holes and there is a screw that u can adjust with a small flat head srew driver only turn it alittle each way no more then two full turns in any dierection thanks to roy I was able to fig that vacumm pressor had something to do with it cuzz I had tried to truble shoot something ele on trans and had mess with module befor and fix the other problem and then wouldn't shift and I already had a module and slaped it in and wal la it work all gears work and shift wen it would not move wen u put in r d n it wouldn't do anything so pls try module there only 12-45 buck compared to shop gave me for gm trans 1200and up lol for under 100 I done trans filter/ module/and fluits and some air fresher thanks again roy from a very happy man johnny/watts/Beaumont c.a L.A.

80

I have a 2000 Buick regal. Yesterday it was making a kinda suction sound when I pressed on the accelerator. I took into qui k lube and they checked the fluid level..was fine. I pressed on accelerator and it would not go into 3 re gear..or what it sound like a And felt from me? I'm praying its the modulator and not the whole transmission. Don't know what to do? I just moved to Michigan and have no mechanic ..afraid to drive it 270 miles back to my mechanic..any suggestions???

10

I have a buick lasabre 2000 and it want go n drive