Disable car alarm to jump start

Asked by Feb 17, 2010 at 03:22 PM about the 2000 Buick LeSabre Custom

Howdy,
I have a 2000 buick lesabre custom that I havent driven in a few months, I went to fire it up yesterday and the battery was dead. Dead to the point that the dome light doesn't come on and it will not turn over at all.
I grabbed the jumper cables assuming it would be any easy fix. As soon as the battery gets enough juice for the lights to come on and the dinging sound to start from having the door open with the key in the ingnition, the car alarm goes off. I cant turn the car alarm off with the remote, and the battery doesn't yet have enough juice to fire up.
I have really grumpy neighbors and was wondering if there is a way to disable the car alarm so I can get my car jumped and not have to deal with pissy neighbors?
Thanks in advance

1,515

locate the horn for the alarm and diconnect the ground. should be a single black wire connected to chassis

9,985

you can also unlock it on the door with your key and that should shut it off too- do it after you attach the cables and ith alarm starts.