Corsica Won't start

Asked by Feb 09, 2009 at 11:35 PM about the 1996 Chevrolet Corsica 4 Dr STD Sedan

I have a 1996 Chevy Corsica,. It was running earlier today (then i left the dome light on). I went to drive it tonight and on the highway it decided to die out on me. I was thinking it was the battery. well my bf and i tried to jump the battery, and with the cable connected it ran for about 15 mins. and then it would just die out. Any ideas?

3,655

Possibly a bad alternator or your battery simply isn't taking a charge.

495

I would check the alternator, the car will run until the battery goes completely dead, your alternator might have been going and when u killed the battery it had to charge it after it was jump started and that took the last of the life of the alternator. Alternators are not truly chargers they are maintainers, enough to run everything on the car plus keep the battery charged but it is hard on them when they have to charge a completely dead battery, they can charge a completely dead battery, but it takes some life off of it, since it is not its real job.