My van has 2 gas tanks.The front and the rear.Both tanks have gas in them.My van won't stay running.We have replaced everything on the van.Is there anything going on with the gas tanks???????????

670

Asked by Oct 26, 2011 at 10:32 AM about the 1990 Ford E-150 Base

You can flip the switch from the front to the back on the fuel tanks.I bought the book but i need to know about the fuse boxes.

no,dont feel tanks are the problem.onley fuse that will affect the fuel is the ecm fuse,thing is if it blowes it wont run the fuel pump,so the engine would not crank at all.as posted before cloged cat converter,or a possable bad computer.

40

There is a fuel re-set button on the passenger side, (right side panel by the door hindge) Push the re-set button and this should reset.

SO IMPRESSED! I'm not the only one with the issues on the dual tank system! HEY papa, It's very helpful to know that the ecm controls the fuel relay. NOBODY or ANYTHING has told me this in the now 2 years that I have been dealing with my tank problem((. I've had for 10 years now ( 96 F150). I am going to re place my ECM immediately and I already have the relay to do the job. HOWEVER, if my tank problem continues, then I know I have no choice but to replace my pump((. Interesting. the ECM made the fuel relay his bitch.